Sunday, June 28, 2009
anybody going to Spain any time soon?
So we were over at my grandmas house for dinner tonight because my mom is in town. While we were eating dinner my son was wondering around her house. All the sudden I hear the glorious sound of thick heavy glass smashing all over the tile floor. I immediately cover my face with horror and look to see what it was.............it was a huge statue of a ballerina. So I go over to check out the damage and it has been broken into a thousand pieces....not able to be glued back together. I found the bottom piece and looked under it to see what kind it was or where it was made........it said "hand crafted in Spain" So I ask my grandma where she got it she said she got it on a trip to Spain 30 years ago! This thing was older than me! She said it was a one of a kind collectible. AWESOME. I felt soooo bad! What was I suppose to do? I just apologized excessively. My sweet grandma kept telling me it was okay and not to worry about it but how could I not? So I cleaned it up and that was that. My son probably destroyed a couple hundred dollars worth of art tonight what have your kids done tonight?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
How hard! The funny thing is that my parents and sister Ami are in Spain right now. Small world. Let me know if you want her email. lol
Hope you can let her love you enough to just let it go! Sorry that happened, that is yucky.
Post a Comment