Sunday, April 11, 2010

life with 3

Oh wow this new baby/3 kids thing is very....challenging. There are so many words I could use to describe what it's like! It's so much harder than I thought it was going to be, yet so rewarding. I love being a mom to these three great kids! These last few days have been such a roller coaster. A few days ago Livy had a really rough day, I was going on my 4th night with no sleep. Anyone out there who has experienced the no sleep aspect and trying to console a screaming baby who won't sleep all day and won't stop crying knows exactly what I'm talking about. Luckily my husband had the patients that I did not and he was able to take over and take the baby all night so I could sleep. She has some tummy problems so I am trying to cut out dairy from my diet and see if that makes a difference. Michael is severly lactose intolerant so it makes sense that my kids would be. But that day was a real eye opener for me that showed me how much I need to accept help from other people and learn to ask for help more than anything. I can't take of this family if no one is taking care of me. But since that day, the baby has been so much better! She even had a 6 1/2 hour stretch of sleep last night! It makes such a difference. I feel like I can function today and be a better mom. I don't think it matters how many kids you have, you never get used to not sleeping and it doesn't get any easier! I think I just have a hard time when the baby is fussy because my first baby, Rylie, was so hard and it brings back so many feelings of discouragement. Those were the hardest days of my life and feeling like I have to re live them with a different child is rough. But Livy is not Rylie and she doesn't have the same problems as her and she's not even close to being as bad as she was, I just don't like feeling those old feelings. If that makes any sense. And when you throw in post pardum hormones, anything is possible! But I really am happy and I really am completely in love with my new baby! We're getting ready to go to Hawaii with her in a few weeks so hopefully we figure out her schedule and my diet to make her the happiest baby on the block!

My other kids are still working on adjusting. The baby takes up so much of my time and it's hard to give them the attention they need. I know that I don't give them enough attention, but it's super hard when I barely have enough energy to do what I do and thier dad is gone all day. I try and give as many hugs and kisses as I can and find 5 minutes to read them a book. They just need to know they are still important. And the weather is getting nicer so we have been able to go out to the park with our neighbors and play. And there is never a shortage of friends wanting to hold the baby so it gives me a chance to play with the kids. I'm just trying to figure this all out and enjoy every minute of it because they grow up so fast!

No comments: