Monday, April 19, 2010
what a morning!!
So I think I've definitely come to the conclusion that my baby is lactose intolerant. She has been doing a little better the past few days so I thought I would slowly start eating some dairy and see if it changes anything because it's hard to know what is really causing the upset tummy. Apparently it changed a lot of things! Yesterday she was super gassy and last night she didn't sleep at all because she was so uncomfortable. She would wake up about every 15 minutes crying and then let em rip for a few minutes. So since she was up all night, I was up all night. I guess I can't even try to eat dairy, her little tummy does not like it! We also decided to try out putting Davis in the bunk bed for the first time to see how it would go. Yes, bad night to try that out. He wouldn't fall asleep til about 11:00 and then woke up 3 or 4 times wanting various things, then woke up when Rylie did at 6:30. I was so exhausted when they woke up so I thought I could put a movie on for them and try to go to sleep for a little bit....bad idea. I laid down for about 30 minutes going in and out of consciousness due to Davis screaming at Rylie things like "Don't throw my stick!" and "Stop biting me!" So I finally came out into the front room and what I saw made my blood boil! It was like a scene from a movie. There was a whole roll of toilet paper unrolled and torn into pieces on the floor, all the kids dvds were taken out and thrown around the room, an entire pack of wipes was taken out and thrown around the room, there were some left over french fries from last nights dinner on the counter and they were all over the kitchen floor along with spilled water, and there were about 20 pull ups taken out and had water poured on them, there was a lovely drawing on my newly cleaned recliner in some nice black pen (that is a nightmare to get out), and the icing on the cake was a contraption in the kids room that was made up of a table, two chairs, and a potty seat all stacked up on top of each other to create a latter to climb to the top bunk. She has done this about 3 times before and every time she does it I have a long talk about how its a terrible idea to do this because it's dangerous and it will break the table and chairs. So I took the table and chairs and am going to give or throw them away. Wow, I was amazed. I immediately texted a good friend of mine and asked if Rylie could go over and play so she could get out of my house. And luckily another neighbor offered to take Davis over to a friends house to play. How can two kids do all this damage in a half hour?! And how many times have I talked to them about not doing each and every one of the described actions? What is it going to take to get them to listen? Is my almost 3 year old going to have to be in a crib forever so he can't get out so early and cause so much trouble? How do people do this?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow! You have had quite a day! I definately reccomend going completely off dairy and not even trying to introduce it back until she is at least 6 months. I had to do it with Christian, but he was a totally different baby! I started on dairy again when he was between 10 and 11 months. It is hard, but worth it. Make sure you read all labels, milk, lactose, whey are in so many things you would never think. Good luck!
goodness! that sounds hectic! I hope you get some down time soon, let me know if you need help at all!
Just be grateful he will still stay in a crib! That is a huge blessing. And...I am so sorry! My twins were just a little over 2 when I had #4 and let me just say that having 3 under the age of 3 is a nightmare!
Scott is also in school so he is gone a lot of the time too!
I truly feel your pain. Hang in there! It has to get better, right? PLEASE! :)
Post a Comment