Saturday, April 17, 2010

My mom

From Recently Updated


Lately I have really been thinking about how much I appreciate my mom. Now that things are sorta settling down with the new baby, I can really think about everything she has done for me in the past month. I could not have done this with out her being here. First of all, the minute I went into labor she started packing the car to make the 12 hour drive up here. I was so sad that she couldn't be here for the delivery, but probably a tad more grateful that I was going into labor in the first place! And sadly, my son Davis got really really sick right when she born and he was seriously incapacitated. My husband could only take a few days off of work and school so my mom took over and ran my house for a full 2 weeks!! She cleaned, did laundry, did dishes, cooked, bathed the kids, got them dressed, drove me everywhere, and most of all waited on me hand and foot. All on top of taking care of a super sick toddler who had to have an ice pack wrapped only in the red towel, not the blue towel, and behind his head at all times. She was super woman! My kids aren't exactly low maintenance so I know it was a work out for her. She then organized the whole blessing and made sure it went off without a hitch. It was amazing to have her here. She is such a good mom and knew exactly what to do for every person here. I could barely walk for a week and there is no way I could have done what she did. She really made this experience very enjoyable and I miss her! I'm sure she is sometimes glad that she lives far away so she can recover from taking care of my kids! But I wish we lived closer so her grand kids could enjoy her in their lives all the time. She's also responsible for all the baby stuff I have. She is so much fun to go shopping with. If there is ever an option between two things she says "Just get both!" So I do. She gets everything and anything we need. It's so much fun. To me she is perfect and a perfect example of how to be a great mom. Thanks for everything you did! I love you! See you in Hawaii in 2 weeks!

1 comment:

Just the 3 of us said...

I'm so glad you have your mom's support. I loved meeting her, she is awesome! And I promise you are a waaaaay good mom and I'm sure Rylie will be blogging about you someday!