Saturday, April 24, 2010
Something Positive
Okay, Okay, I know my last few post have been less than uplifting. But I just wanted to document the truths and realities of life right now. My purpose is not to scare anyone or make my life look like its so impossibly hard. I've had several friends who are pregnant tell me that they look at what I'm going through right now and are scared to have their babies. That makes me sad! Yes, it is incredibly hard and I think I've had some challenges that not everyone goes through, but really, I am still incredibly happy! I still enjoy and love my kids like crazy! I was just talking with my mom the other day about all the little things that I am grateful for. (I had to do this so I could stop focusing on all the hard things that were going on.) Such as, the fact that my older kids go to sleep so easily. I have friends that have kids that fight them every night and won't go to sleep til very late, that seems like a nightmare! And my one sweet friend has 2 and 4 year old kids that still wake up several times a night! Bless her heart! My kids go to bed so easy, you say "bed time!" and they go. And my almost 5 year old will still (for the most part) take a nap if I want her to! And my almost 3 year old takes a nap every day and is still in a crib that he has never tried to climb out of! Another thing is that they are not picky eaters, they eat whatever you put in front of them! I know that's a struggle with so many friends I have, they have to make separate meals for the kids because they won't eat what the parents eat! That's ridiculous! I'm grateful for the set of skills I learned in my parenting classes that changed my daughters behavior so that I can actually enjoy being around her and have some sort of control over her! See, so there are some redeeming qualities that I have to recognize and have to admit are huge blessings in our family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment