Friday, November 13, 2009

feeling guilty

Lately I have had absolutely no patience for this dog we have. I knew it was going to be challenging but I wanted to give it a shot because Michael loved it so much. But honestly, all I do is clean up dog hair off my couch, (which is close to impossible to get dog hair off of microfiber) mopping dog drool off the kitchen floor, cleaning up poop and pee because she does it in the house all the time, I can't do it anymore! I do not have the energy right now to clean up after two small children, a husband, and a dog. Michael doesn't have time to properly train her because he is at work or school all day every day. And I'm sure not going to train her so this behavior is going to continue forever. Our carpet is getting ruined from constantly needing to be scrubbed. Oh AND she eats dirty diapers and leaves the remnants all over my house!!!! Are you kidding me? And then always pukes it up at some point the next day. I am not cleaning that up!! She really is a lazy dog and sleeps all day, but the maintenance is out of control. She also has this problem where if she gets startled by the kids she will bite at them. She has bitten them a few times. Its not out of anger, just from being jumped on or scared. And I say.....ummmm... I'm going to have a baby in a few months and that baby will eventually be crawling all over that dog, I'm not risking having a dog that may or may not bite my baby's face off. No thank you. So I finally told Michael the other day that I had had enough and she needed to leave. We got into a discussion about it and he agreed that we could give her back to the pound. I would much rather sell her, but the pound has strict policies about selling adopted dogs. Her micro chip has all of our info in it so we can't sell her to anyone. We have to give her back to the pound. That really breaks my heart. As much of a pain in the rear she is, I don't' want her going to a bad home! And Michael still claims that he really likes the dog. I have no idea why. But he does. And I am feeling really bad about having to give her back but really, what am I suppose to do? She can't stay HERE anymore. I just wish I knew someone who could take her that I knew would take good care of her and train her properly. So I know its the right thing to get her out of here but I just feel bad about the whole thing. I think the only way I can ever have a dog again is if we had a back yard for it to be in. No more of this indoor dog stuff. I hate it.

1 comment:

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

You are much more patient and understanding than I would be. At least you TRIED to have a dog! That is a lot of work! Don't feel too bad...