Wednesday, November 4, 2009

sometimes you get a payoff

I try and teach my children good manners. Like saying please, thank you, may I, etc. Today it was so cute. We were sitting at the table eating dinner and Davis was throwing a fit about eating his food. He threw his fork across the kitchen and was then black listed. We were waiting for him to settle down and stop crying. Once he did, he asked Rylie to get his fork for him and said "Ryree, you get my fork?" and she said "I'm waiting for you to say please" so he said please and she said "Of course I would love to get your fork for you when you ask so nicely!" She sounded just like me. Then Davis said "I try harder not to throw my fork." (I always make them say they will try harder to work on what ever the issue it is at that moment.) Then he says "only throw bakseball." (thats how he says basketball) I busted up laughing. The whole conversation was so cute and rewarding. I love when Rylie tries to teach Davis what he's suppose to do, it makes me feel like she is actually learning things from me. And now I'm listening to them in the bath saying "don't bite me!" and "that's MY necklace, give it to me NOW!!!" It's a long learning process.....

1 comment:

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

I love it :) It's those little things that make it all worth it. :)