| From The Taos |
I don't know why I thought going shopping on black Friday would be any sort of a good idea. I have never gone before...for good reason. We planned in going to the Super Target in Orem so we had to be there by like 4:30 am. So we get there and the line is already wrapped around the outer parking lot...we're talking hundreds and hundreds of people. They must have gotten there at like 2 in the morning. If anyone reading this was one of those people in the front of that line, I think you are absolutely insane. So we wait for the doors to open and go straight to the toys. I have never in my life seen madness like this. People were literally jammed packed together so we couldn't even move. People were fighting over toys and yelling... I couldn't wipe the look of amusement mixed with irritation off my face. People were eyeing our carts and seeing what we had, several people asked us where we got stuff and if we were keeping it so they could have it. It was insane. Like a scene from a movie. So it took about an hour for us to even be able to move around. We had to ditch our carts because it was to hard to maneuver them around. I was really confused because I felt like there weren't even any spectacular sales. Things were on sale, but nothing really to impressive. I didn't get it. And the things I really wanted, were not on sale. So I was kinda disappointed. I didn't sleep AT ALL the night before, between having to get up to pee several times and then having to get up at 4 to go, I was pretty tired. So once we felt like we got some good things we got in line. Ohhhhh the line. It was clear to the back of the store and wrapped around the building. Every single line was this long. So it took us literally an hour and a half to get through the line. We finally finished everything around 9:30 and headed home. We brought everything back to my house and sorted through it. There were 3 of us together and we spent collectively over $1000. I'm included in 1/10th of that total. :) My friends went a little crazy. And our total savings was over $500. The things you see in the above picture is what we got. And that is not including a few bikes, a luggage set, and some scooters they got. So we (they) scored. I just got the rest of the toys I wanted for the kids and the Glee soundtrack for me. :) (I absolutely love it!!!) So that was my nightmare, I mean morning. I don't know if I'll ever do this again. It was definitely an experience. Some people love this kind of stuff.....I would rather just buy it all online.

1 comment:
That is CRAZY! :) I hope people were nice to you because you were pregnant!
Post a Comment