Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Baby Olivia

From Recently Updated
She's here! Baby Olivia is finally here! Here are a few pictures of our day today. I don't have my computer with me so I'm using Michael's and it's harder to put pictures up so I will put more up when we get home from the hospital. What a whirlwind day we had yesterday! It started with my doctors appointment in the morning and like I posted, I wasn't hopeful that anything was going to happen. So that afternoon I was laying down watching tv and stood up got a really bad contraction and thought "hmm, that really hurt." and that was it. Then I started cleaning the house and walking around and got another one and another one and another one. They were about 1 min apart. So a texted Michael that he might want to come home from work just in case. By the time he got home they were so strong and so close together. I told him to call my neighbor to come over and get the kids and we couldn't get a hold of anyone! Weeks of waiting to go into labor and having everyone offer to help and watch the kids and we couldn't get a hold of anyone! Of course. So I had Michael go upstairs to my friend Lauren's house and wake her up and tell her what was going on and she was so great to take my kids. So we rushed over to the hospital and get there and get into a gown and the nurse checks me and I'm at a 6!! So they get me over to the delivery room and get the IV in and called the anesthesiologist. So I got my epidural right away and was feeling pretty good. So by this time I've only been in labor for about an hour and the contractions weren't even that bad. I HATE the epidural needle and the IV needle in the hand. That was basically the worst part. And apparently there are narcotics in the epidural so by now I am feeling really really high. So we hang out for a few hours and the nurse comes in to check me and I'm at a 10 and ready to push!! So the doctor comes in and sets everything up and says "You're having a contraction why don't you try pushing" So I pushed and her head came out! Then another contraction came and the rest of her came out! I was amazed! I felt her coming out more than with my other kids, it wasn't pleasant. But she was so tiny! I was literally blown away when I saw how small she was. And she had so much hair! So I was only in labor for about 4 hours and pushed her out in two pushes. I feel so lucky that it was so easy. I am still in shock that I actually had her. It all happened so fast! But I am absolutely in love with this little girl. I don't want to put her down. I haven't had such a small baby and I just want to soak it all in and never let her go! I love love love it! She is so hairy! She has hair down her shoulders and all over her back. She's our little monkey. Last night I didn't sleep at all, between the incredibly painful after birth cramping and the baby being a little fussy and the nurses coming in every hour to check my blood pressure, there was no sleeping going on. So I'm pretty beat today. But I don't even care because all I want to do is hold this baby! The kids came over this morning to meet her and it was the cutest thing ever! They were totally amazed. They took turns holding her and giving her kisses. They only lasted about 20 minutes due to the small room I'm in and then they were done. So my sister is watching them for us and we are so grateful for that! My awesome mom started driving up here the minute I told her I was in labor. So she'll be here in about an hour. I'm so excited for her to see the baby! We are still deciding on her full name and I will post it as soon as we figure it out. So here are some pictures of the kids and us. Lots more to come. Thank you to every ones prayers and thoughts and text messages! I feel so loved! I'm so lucky to have another sweet spirit in our family and I'm looking forward to another newborn adventure!













10 comments:

carly said...

congrats! She is so beautiful!

Just the 3 of us said...

OH MY GOSH WHAT ADORABLE PICTURES!!! You have the most beautiful family ever :) I'm so happy for you guys. love you!!!

Lisa said...

Congrats! You look too good to have just had a baby!

Tamara said...

Congratulations!!! I am glad your labor went so well. I am jealous she was so small. What I would give to have a baby that small and healthy!!!

MSorenson said...

Can't wait to rub her fur! Glad she came out so easy. I am jealous that you had such a tiny little peanut. See you in a week.

trine k said...

You really do have SUCH a beautiful family! Everyone looks so happy, what piece of heaven, huh? I'm thrilled for you, you'll have to let us know how it goes with 3!!!

Unknown said...

That was so fast!!! She is darling, and already has beautiful olive skin!! Congratulations!

Leanne said...

2 pushes? That is a joke, right? That is the best labor story. Congrats!

Kimberly Ngarupe said...

she already looks so much like your other kids!
congrats, she is adorable.

Terri Lindsay said...

Congrats!! she is darling!! And by the way you look amazing for just having a baby!!!!! Love the name Olivia, so beautiful.