Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I was hoping NOT to have to post this post. But there is still no baby and my mom had to leave today. I swear, I have never heard of anyone having such a strange condition...meaning dilated to a 5 and 100% effaced and stripped membranes and still not going into labor. I am beyond frustrated today. There are no words to express how frustrating this is. I was up all night with contractions that were significantly painful but still not close together. Then they just stopped. We did EVERYTHING to get the contractions closer. Everything. I thought for sure it was starting last night, I got really nauseous and shaky and lots of contractions and then it just stopped. I don't understand this AT ALL. Luckily I have some amazing friends who took such good care of me today. They knew how frustrated I was and checked in on me all day. They came and kidnapped me and took me out for treats and some girl time. They are amazing. I was so grateful to have my mom here too. We had so much fun shopping and being together. I'm so sad she had to leave. If I go into labor tonight I will be so sad that she's not here, yet so grateful to get things going at the same time. So now I'm almost (almost) thinking it would just be better not to go into labor early and just wait to be induced because then she will be here for sure. I don't know whats going to happen! And to top it off, my kids got sick today and they are miserable! I know I won't be pregnant forever, and she'll be here in a week and half for sure anyways, but this waiting game is ridiculous. Especially when every medical professional says I should have had this baby weeks ago. Those silly wives tales about inducing labor are hogwash. Not one of them works. And so we wait.

1 comment:

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

It's funny you say the old wives tales of inducing labor are bologne....because they actually are. They have found that the only thing that can naturally induce labor is when the babies lungs are finished developing, a hormone is secreted, which induces the pitosin, which induces labor. Soooo yeah, don't go for a jog, or eat spicy foods 'cause it won't make a baby pop out of you! :( I can imagine how frustrated you are right now! That is weird they didn't just induce you????? You should buy a punching bag and draw a picture of your uterus on it. That way every time you are frustrated at not having a baby, you can punch your uterus for not cooperating! :) Just an idea...