Saturday, March 13, 2010

Such a great day!

I feel like a broken record lately talking about all these amazing days we've been having, but I am just so grateful for them considering the circumstances (meaning about to pop!) Today, Saturday, we started out the day yet again with our ritual of pancakes. Then Michael was off to take a test and the kids and I made muffins and read books. Then my sister came over so that Michael could spend some time together. So we went shopping together. Michael is really fun to shop with because he likes it and he has fun picking things out. So we got some last minute things for the baby and some Easter stuff for the kids. Then we got home and the kids were up from their naps so we took them out to dinner at Chili's and they did awesome! Then we went to the dollar movie to see The Princess and the Frog. Michael is such a good dad to go with his kids to see such a girly kids movie. But they did really well and watched the whole thing! Then we came home and upon entering my house I smelled cleaner.....it smelled really good and I was really confused. Michael says "This is your surprise, Lauren (my neighbor) came over while we were gone and deep cleaned the whole house." I was shocked! What a sweetheart! She worked it out with Michael and came over while were gone and literally cleaned my entire house! I didn't know if I should feel lazy, or a little embarrassed fro the clutter :) I most of all felt extremely grateful. She read my blog about how I was stressed about keeping the house clean and so she came and did it for me! Now my house is sparkly clean and smells amazing. It was such a great day. I loved spending time with the kids and Michael. I'm so grateful for considerate friends that take care of me. I'm looking at my swollen legs right now and feeling really glad that I don't have to clean anything!

2 comments:

Just the 3 of us said...

I'm glad I could help! It's no fun being extremely pregnant and having to clean AND take care of a family. I was about to eat those muffins, but I didn't :) They looked good! LOL.
love ya!

MSorenson said...

What a sweet friend! Glad you had a good day. See you in less than 3 weeks!