Friday, April 10, 2009

EGGstravaganza!!






Every year since we've lived up here, which is now going on 3 years, we have gotten together with my dear friend Coral and her kids to decorate eggs. The first 2 years we did it, the moms did all the decorating, but this year it was so fun to watch the kids do it. They had so much fun! We boil about 4 dozen eggs and let them have at it. Last year I made egg salad out of the eggs that we decorated and it ended up being very multicolored egg salad. Not to appetizing. Apparently the color soaks through all the way to the egg. But what else am I suppose to do with them? I look forward to doing this as long as we both live close to each other! She's getting re married this summer which is so exciting! Her divorce was awful and her ex husband belongs in hell. He single handily got fired from his job for having an affair with an employee, got MY husband fired from a job by telling the management that he was stealing, (they use to work together) told police that his wife beats him up and took the kids away from her for 4 months, told police that she was beating the kids so he could get custody, then to top it off he stole snakes from our house when my husband was out of town, while I was there! He's a winner. Anyway, so I get to help her plan her wedding. She's older but who says second weddings can't be even better than the first? I love it!






A little side note: while the kids were playing today they killed yet another duck. I don't know how this time. I just saw it laying there not moving. So sad. In the course of their playing we did find the ducks squished into the seat of a little kids car, you know, the kind that the seat lifts up for storage? Well they were both smashed in there. That might have something to do with there death.

2 comments:

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

First off, that guy sounds like a total douche bag! I hope your friend has better luck :(

Those eggs are super cute! I love the sparkles!!

That is sad about the ducks!

amber {and co.} said...

Wow, that's great that Coral is getting remarried! Tell her I said congrats! Looks like a fun tradition :)