Thursday, April 2, 2009
Slumdog Millionaire
My husband and I just watched this movie. I was told by numerous people, including my brother who never watches R rated movies that it was really good and they didn't know why it was rated R. Oh.... I know why!! It was a REALLY good movie but I was not prepared for all the violence and those crazy childhoods those kids had. I don't like to know that people can be so awful. I'd rather not be reminded of it. I'm SUPER sensitive to violence and seeing little kids being treated badly. I can't watch those movies about the kids in Africa, it's so disturbing to me. And India is no different. This movie wasn't too graphic but it was graphic enough to kinda disturb me. Maybe I'm just really sensitive and it's not really as bad as I say, but still. I won't give anything away in case you are planning on seeing it, I'm just putting the warning out that some parts are hard to watch. Nobody told me so I'm just passing the word along. Very good movie though with an uplifting message and ending. I see why it won all those awards.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love that movie! It was really sad when it shows their childhood but i didn't think it was any more violent then some other movies. I don't know. It definitely opens your eyes though. Did you know the children in the movie were just local kids they found off the street? now they have a trust fund and are going to school!
I actually really loved it too!! I'm pretty desensitized, but I like movies that open your eyes to what people in other countries go through... I like Caitlin's comment, I didn't know that about the kids! That is awesome!
I also really liked it. I don't know why it was Rated R, the violence was like something you would see on "24."
Post a Comment