Wednesday, April 1, 2009

big mistake

So remember that mattress? We brought it home yesterday and it was a little damp from being outside so we put it in our room to dry overnight. About an hour later I walked in and almost passed out. Now, let me give you a little history on my sense of smell. I have been around many many many dead animals. Dead rabbits, dead mice, dead rats, dead snakes, dead lizards, dead dogs, dead cats, etc. They all have a very distinct smell of death. The smell of death is so unique, it is pretty much the worst smell on planet earth. Enough to make me gag, and I never throw up, not even when I'm pregnant. So anyway, I walked in and this smell was unique. It didn't quite smell like any of the other dead animal smells I was familiar with. But it was from something dead. I guarantee it. I'm hoping to high heavens it not from a dead person. I had such bad anxiety that that's what it was from! So I tried to stay positive and say that the smell was just because it was a little wet and has some mildew maybe..........maybe not. So we gave it a good couple of hours to dry and the smell was getting worse. I bought some fabreez to help but only made it worse. It was now to the point of pure disgust. We had to get that thing out of here. But by this time a huge storm had come and it was crazy windy, to windy to even put it out side. So we moved it out of our bedroom into the hall and opened every window, our house was freezing but it helped with the smell. I lit every candle I had and turned our air purifier as high as it would go. I couldn't sleep with the thought that I had a mattress in my hall that something or someone most likely died on. So it's still in hallway, waiting for the weather to get better. My house is freezing and stinky. So the moral of the story is, if you think its strange that a new mattress is in the dumpster, its probably because some one died on it and it smells like rotting, sour, diapers. So don't bring it into your house so that now its haunted with the spirit of whatever died on it.

2 comments:

amber {and co.} said...

Oh bummer, I was really hoping this would have a happy ending! It may have turned out to be a mistake, but at least you won't always wonder whether or not you walked away from a perfectly good free mattress!

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

eeeww..... at least you didnt' find anything yucky AND DEAD inside it, right???