Monday, April 20, 2009

Handy man

Michael came home for his lunch break and asked me if he could use the sewing machine. I had no idea what in the world he would want to sew and why, but I showed him how to use it and he did pretty good. He was making a net so he could catch fish out in a little stream by our house. So he bought all the materials and sewed his very own net. It was pretty funny seeing him sit there at the table sewing. He's also building a fish tank stand, even though I told him I didn't want a fish tank in my house, he decided to build it anyway. How that works, I'll never know. He is very crafty and good at building things with no patterns or instructions. He can just do it. He's built snake cages, a chicken coupe, sheds, dog houses, and now fish tank stands. He is doing a remarkable job on the fish tank, he has all the power tools and equipment to build things, I just wish he would build things I wanted! Maybe I'll have him build me a head board for our bed.......hmmm, I'll to do some compromising, if he gets a fish tank I have to get something right?

No comments: