Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Awkward & Awesome

{Awkward}
*Having my home teacher come over while I was giving a friend a massage.
* Realizing how tiny my head really is when I put on a sweatband and my hair is back. "I got a tiny head?"....Tommy Boy....anyone?
* Rylie dropped toy the other day and said the "sh" word.....I did NOT teach that to her! I have no idea where she she got it.
* This is on behalf of my sister, she peed in the bushes during the race. I chose to add 10 minutes to my time to pee in the porta pottys....and I STILL BEAT HER! I just can't pop a squat in front of all those people. But she can! It's been said you're not a true runner until you can pee on the side of the road and snot rocket while you run and not hit your shoulder. I guess I'm not a true runner. Yet. (This makes me laugh even while I type it)

{Awesome}
*Running my first half marathon and kicking trash!
*Getting so spoiled while my parents were here and getting to eat at Texas Road House, Macaroni Grill, and Rodizios in the same weekend.
* Getting to eat as much carbs as I could for three days....for the race...so fun
* Getting a massage
* Having my husband take such good care of me while my legs recover from being thrashed and torn apart
* Deciding that I want to buy some of those Reebok Easy Tone shoes, I'm so curious what they can do! I'm totally getting some!
* Buying a new Shark steam mop....the upgrade, with all the bells and whistles. Best mop on the planet!!
* Finally getting the chance to get the rest of my volunteer hours for Rylie's school, I'm the mom they don't like who can't volunteer cuz I don't have time...unfortunately, it's making AAAALLL of the graduation hats for the kids. It's a great school.....but these volunteer requirements are brutal!

1 comment:

Bre said...

true runners will chooose to pee their pants rather than stop...I worked with the BYU cross country team for 4 years...their uniforms came back NASTY! :)