Friday, April 15, 2011
Pre race jitters
Tomorrow I my running my first ever half marathon. I am super excited and super nervous. I've done races before but this is the longest one yet. I did a long training run last week and the last few miles were brutal....and I have to run longer than that tomorrow. My family is all here and we went to the expo today and picked up our race packets and numbers. We got some last minute running essentials, including $40 ear buds that WON'T fall out of my ears when I run...Thanks mom!!! We are having a big carb dinner tonight of pasta and bread to load up on calories. I love races though, I have to keep reminding myself how FUN they actually are. The adrenalin and the crowd and the music, it all pumps you up and helps you run a little faster. My goal is to finish in 2 hours 15 min.....maybe 2 and a half, we'll see how those last couple miles treat my legs. So wish me luck and if you're in Salt Lake tomorrow morning around 9:30, come to the Gateway and watch me finish!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment