Thursday, April 21, 2011

what to do!

 My neighbor Teresa knocked on my door yesterday and had these huge pictures in her hands, she said she got them from DI but had no room for them and was wondering if I wanted them. I immediately noticed two things, 1-the pictures were hidious, 2- the frames were fantastic! I said sure and took them off her hands, seeing the potential these awesome frames had. She paid $45 a piece for these, so they're not cheap. The wood used for the frames is super old and vintage looking, I totally love it. I just need something to put in them.....what? I need some cool art or something. But I don't want to pay anything....What should I do? Aren't the frames cool??!!

6 comments:

Erin said...

wait. she paid $45 at the DI...each. They are cool but that seems a bit steep for the DI. doesn't it?

Us Olsons said...

Those frames are so awesome. IT would be great if you could make them into mirrors but that seems hard to do. Good luck and post pictures of the final product.

Amanda said...

Cool. Before you rip them up, check out the art to be sure it's not worth something, even if they are hideous :) Can't wait to see what you do witht hem!

Brittany said...

Can't believe they were that much! They're like the frames I built but old and rustic! You could have Nancy paint you some pictures to put in them :)

n.davis said...

That's awesome. You could do some awesome b&w family pics in them. Or just use the frames on your wall alone. No idea, haha. But icant wait to see what you do with them.

Kelli Brewer said...

Those would be fantastic with your current family pictures - the rustic ones near the barn? Could you print some of those or get canvas prints?