Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Back in the day

These are some good friends from high school. Laura Henderson Penrose, Tammi Miller Roberts, and Kelly Goodrich Aripotov (sorry if I didn't spell that right!) We try and get together as often as we can, which is getting further and further spread apart due to everyones crazy schedules. But that's life. I have had some good times with these girls. Tammi and I (on my left) were inseparable and have had lots of adventures together dating boys, ditching school, shopping, school dances...we were basically sisters and our families are good friends. Kelly was there when Mike and I first started dating. She was hilarious and always made us laugh. My favorite story about her is when a guy she dated
(who was one of my best friends) was giving his missionary farewell talk at church she wore a homemade shirt that said "you are trash and you have no class" apparently he wasn't very nice to her. Classic. And Laura I knew from choir, yes I took choir in high school, it was super cool. She's a sweetheart and can school anyone on the piano. We were missing some other girls but it's good to stay in touch with old friends and watch them get married and have kids, so crazy we are all so old and grown up!

3 comments:

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

Woo! I had fun with you guys! :) We need to do it again. I think I'll loosen up more without the babies...next time for sure! :D Thanks again for the invite!!

Jay & Tammi Roberts said...

It was fun to see you girls, we definitely need to do that more often!

Anonymous said...

wait hold on.... I need to clarify a few things with this story! I wore it under a sweater, and when he started talking I unbuttoned my cardigan so only he could see it and secondly- he wasn't ever mean to me. I just found out he made out with a certain person and that is what I told him when I found out. so I thought it would make him laugh if I had it on my shirt:)

Girls night was soo fun! when I get back we need to do them monthly again!