I'm still fuming from this event. The other day I went to the mall with Davis and Liv. We were there for about a half hour and then got back in the car to go home. No keys. They were gone. I called Mike and he said to retrace my steps and go look for them. So I went back to the two stores I was in and customer service, no keys. So I had to wait at the mall for him to come bring me the extra key. It took about 2 hours total for him to get there. My kids were so tired and cranky and hungry. And I was exhausted. I was not planning on this obviously. I was so dumbfounded as to how the keys even got out of the pocket I put them in. So ridiculous!!! It's one of those "You've got to be kidding me" moments. So we came to grips with the fact that we were going to have pay $40 for a new mail key, $40 for a new car key and pay to get the house keys copied. So lame!!
Fast forward 3 days....I'm taking the kids to the farm to get a picture of Davis with the animals for a preschool project. My camera is in the pocket of my purse, I even double checked to make sure I had it. We get to the farm.....NO CAMERA!! (Insert mental swear word here.) Where the heck did it go?? I called Mike an a rage explaining the situation. We were checking out a new preschool for Davis right before we got to the farm so I thought for sure it had fallen out there. I called the lady and she didn't see it. Great. So I drive home so frustrated. I get home and looked in the pocket one.. more.. time. Now let me say this....I had looked in this stupid pocket literally 100 times looking for the keys and the camera. But this time was different, I saw a tiny hole in the corner.....AH HA!!!! I reached down and felt the camera....and reached a little further and grabbed the keys!!! HOLY CRAP!! They had fallen down into the lining of the purse, unseen and unfelt. I laughed out loud and immediately drove back to the farm to tell Mike what happened. He was relieved we didn't have to spend all that money getting new keys. I was relieved that I wasn't crazy. They didn't just jump out of that pocket. It was the hole the whole time! Sneaky!! I just think of it like this, if I hadn't lost the camera I wouldn't have found the keys.Time for a new purse!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment