Friday, April 29, 2011
those crazy couponers
We all know those ladies in Walmart that take forever to check out because they have so many coupon and are price matching every thing in their cart. So annoying. Well.....I have decided to TRY and jump on this bandwagon and see what it's all about. I went to a Savvy Shopper couponing class last night with some friends. It was EXTREMELY over whelming and overstimulating. I had to check out a few times and start texting a friend to get my mind off it for a sec. But it was interesting. I'm sure it's totally worth it to coupon, I just have never had the time it requires to look for coupons or price match or any of that stuff. I just go grocery shopping and try and find the best deals while my kids are usually screaming and running around the store and try and get out of there as fast as I can. But in this class they teach you little tricks to make it easier, such as having a binder to organize your coupons, getting multiple copies of the Sunday paper, and most importantly, getting the free emails this lady sends out telling what is on sale, where and what coupon goes with it so you usually get the products free or super cheap. I decided to give it shot and see if it would even be possible to work out with my busy schedule. If it's not doable I can easily cancel the newspapers and stop doing it. But I figured I should try and see how much money I can save. I'm sorta excited, sorta scared to start doing this. I do not have the type of personality that is overly organized and super efficient at getting things done. I'm more laid back and go with the flow so this totally goes against everything I know, but I figured, why not?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
good for you. part of me wants to try it and the other part is too lazy/intimidated. let me know how you do and maybe i'll try it.
Oh couponing is so fun! I'm a total nerd :) Nothing like paying pennies for stuff that you use. That's one thing to be careful of though, only get things that you need or you'll use. Even if it is a good deal, if you don't use it, you will have wasted money. Ask me any questions you need to! I use to get paid to buy toothpaste, lotion, deodorant, soap, etc. I haven't been into it for about 7 months, I guess I should get back to it!
I guess I'm one of those annoying people with coupons at the checkstand but I have a lifetime supply of laundry detergent that was all free so I don't reall care!
I've been a "savvy shopper' for about a year now and I love it! So much free stuff, I can't believe I didn't do it sooner!
you'll love being a savvy shopper. the good thing about her emails and website is that you can pick and choose. i choose a few stores I go to and get the deals they have there. this week was the first week i didn't go coupon shopping and i'm seriously missing it!
Post a Comment