Tuesday, November 11, 2008
A good talk
I have been having quite the struggle on Sundays with my children and bringing them to church. I think I worte a post about it a while ago. This past Sunday we were sitting in the foyer trying to listen to the speaker and I actually got to hear a big chunk of it. You know sometimes when you're listing to talk and you feel that creepy feeling that they wrote it to speak directly to you? Her talk was about family night and family scripture study and churchy/family things that we should be doing. Then she started talking about the families with little children and struggling with them at church. She told a story about a man who was walking the halls with his disruptive toddler, wondering why in the world he was even there. He didn't feel like it made any difference if he was there or not and would rather be at home instead of struggling and feeling frustrated...at church of all places. He then paused and heard a voice speak to him as if they were in the same room as him. That voice said "I know you are here" I then proceeded to tear up, trying to blink away the tears and hide it from the 10 other people standing in the halls. I have felt the way this man did so many times. Pretty much every Sunday. I don't know why I'm there or why I even try to bring my kids. But Heavenly father knows where our hearts are. He "knows we are there" and he knows that we are walking the halls wishing we could listen. He knows we are frustrated and he knows we are trying. I just thought I'd share this thought because it was very reassuring to me. I want to look back and read this and remember that I felt this way, and also that I got through it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I have felt this way a lot with kellen too. I think every mother goes through it. When Kellen was younger I was in the Hall for 3 hours strait, NO JOKE!! Now it's more like 30-60 minutes. I am one of the lucky ones. Kellen just loves nursery so much, he throws a fit when we come to get him. Maybe some day we will be blessed enough to sit quietly through all 3 hours.
Post a Comment