Saturday, November 22, 2008

TWILIGHT! movie comments

First of all let me just say that I am not one of those creepy Twilight obsessive fans, thats weird, but I was having such bad anxiety about this movie. I really liked the books, liked, not loved. I frankly found them to be rather annoying at times. But they did a good job entertaining me. So when the movie came out I really wanted to see it. Like, really wanted to see it. So my good friend Emily Orton calls me up tonight at 9 at night, I'm in my jammies cuddling with my hubby watching a movie and she says "Come see Twilight with us we're here at the theater and we can get you a ticket!" So I jump in the shower and go over. I was so excited, like a kid at Christmas. My cute husband thinks I'm so strange, he laughed at me for being so excited. Like I'm 12 years old or something. I didn't think I was going to be able to see it for a while since every movie theater was sold out. It didn't help that throughout the entire movie I was fighting desperately to keep from throwing up. Not from the movie but from some strange stomach thing I had going on, (no, I'm not pregnant. I hope) So that was a little distracting. Okay so, here's my critique: Really loved the movie, it was EXACTLY like the book. They of course couldn't fit in all the details but everything they did put in was identical to the book. I wish they would have done a little bit more developing of the relationship between Bella and Edward but they did what they could with the time they had. And there were a few cheese ball lines that made me laugh. But the books are cheesy so what do you expect? I thought it was a great movie though. And I was kinda disappointed when I first saw who they chose to play Edward, but honestly, in the movie with all his make up and lipstick on.......he's very desirable and delicious to the taste. Very sexy. So again the fantasy is instilled in young girls minds, which I think is why the books are so successful, its a fantasy that everyone wants. The perfect guys to protect you and sweep you off your feet. I can't wait for the next movie. So if your worried that the movie will ruin the books for you, it really doesn't. I could see this being a horrible movie for someone who hasn't read the books. It really helps to already have your feelings, and opinions for Bella and Edward so the movie doesn't have to work so hard. I know its cheesy for me to even be blogging about this as well, but who doesn't like talking about Twilight? Right? It's the cool thing to talk about. And I'm cool, so. I had to write this post tonight....at 1:08 in the morning because I just got home and I get so excited about things and now my mind won't calm down enough to go to sleep. Does that ever happen to you?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ive read the first two books and I like them, but I'm not in love with them either. I do want to see the movie and now you've made me more excited!! I've always been kind of annoyed with Bella though.

tara said...

I can't tell you how relieved I am that you don't love those books. The movie review was helpful, and if I ever see it I'll know what to expect, so thanks!

trine k said...

so I haven't gotten to see this yet and really have been telling myself all along that I don't want to- and yet, when it comes down to it, I DO want to see it, just even for curiosity's sake! Thanks for the review, it makes me feel better, like if I do see it it won't be a waste