Monday, November 10, 2008

whats up with migraines?

I don't know why I chose to look at a computer screen right now. The light is murdering me. I have a migraine. Maybe 1 of about 5 I have ever had in my whole life. I don't know why we get them. It starts with a creepy flashing blind spot in my eye. Its all colorful and glowing. Then I know my rest of my day is ruined and I better cancel everything I have going on that day. Then the blinding pain starts. If you've never had a migraine you can't really know what to compare it to. It's so different than a regular headache. It makes you want to throw up, most people do, like my husband, but I don't throw up even when I'm pregnant, I have a stomach of steal. But I wish I could throw up, and maybe feel a little better. But seriously, is it really possible to feel this much pain with out having a baby? I'm mean, C'MON!! Really? Seriously???? This is for real?? I think I'm dying. And no medicine known to man takes it away. I wish I knew why we get these and how to get rid of them. You just have to wait, and wait. And keep your eyes closed. I'm done looking at this screen now.

2 comments:

amber {and co.} said...

Andrea I'm totally with you, I actually woke up with one in the middle of the night! Weird! Weather changes can cause them, I always get them when there is a drastic weather change, i.e. the fact that it is raining outside and freezing- I have never gotten more of them since I moved to UT! Also lack of sleep can cause it, which I'm sure isn't uncommon with you :) I have a killer prescription that works miracles for it, I'll have to share some with ya :)

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

Ugh, I know. I get migraines, too. You know what, though, when I was pregnant I would get them and my doctor gave me this FABULUOS medicine...but now I can't remember what it was called!!! Migranex....migritor? Something migri-